Name not changing after marriage is recorded.

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
cdw3423lds

Name not changing after marriage is recorded.

Post by cdw3423lds »

I have been using the "Add Marriage" link on the "Family" tab for a members record on the website. However, after I record a marriage for a sister in the ward to a non member, her name does not change. Am I missing something or is this a bug? The only way I can think to fix it is is to manually change the name and check "Spelling Correction" as the reason.

Chris W
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Name not changing after marriage is recorded.

Post by jdlessley »

cdw3423 wrote:I have been using the "Add Marriage" link on the "Family" tab for a members record on the website. However, after I record a marriage for a sister in the ward to a non member, her name does not change. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
Change the name for the newly married sister in the sister's record. After entering the name change and clicking "Save" a prompt asking for the name change reason will appear. Select the "New Marriage for the Member" option and then click the "Save" button.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
cdw3423lds

Re: Name not changing after marriage is recorded.

Post by cdw3423lds »

Last time I tried that and it told me to record a marriage. But this time it worked.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”