Save for later/to read queue

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
thattolleyguy

Save for later/to read queue

Post by thattolleyguy »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I would love to have a reading queue. When I see something that I want to read but I don't have time to read right now I could add it to the queue and be able to come back to it later. This happens to me a lot in church where I hear a talk referenced but don't want to read it right now and miss the lesson. Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

If I wanted to implement something like this myself, what process do I need to go through to get the feature approved?
lmcguire

Re: Save for later/to read queue

Post by lmcguire »

To request that the feature be added to the app, the best method is to use the in-app feedback via the help option in the menu.

In the meantime, here are some options:

1) You can use bookmarks (this is what I do; I use the multiple screens option the way other people use bookmarks - anything I'm currently reading has a screen open, and anything I want to read is bookmarked). Or you could do the opposite of what I do: use the multiple screens feature for things you want to read eventually (but it seems like this would get unwieldy for a long list).

2) You could create a "read later" tag, highlight the first line of what you want to read, and tag it with "read later".

3) You could create a "read later" notebook, highlight the first line of what you want to read and add it to the notebook.

Those are the best ways I can think of to accomplish this.

Liz

Return to “Android Gospel Library”