How to grant edit permissions to a large group of members?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rebeccasanchez

How to grant edit permissions to a large group of members?

Post by rebeccasanchez »

Is there way I can grant, for example, the entire Relief Society access to edit a particular calendar? Of course, I'd like to find a solution that doesn't involve me putting individual names in a list.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to grant edit permissions to a large group of members?

Post by russellhltn »

No.

Nor do I think it would be a good idea. Calendar editors can schedule an event in any building of the stake - even if it's a misuse of the calendar it's placed on (like missionary meals).

That's on top of the entire RS being able to edit an event that someone else placed on there. In the case of the missionary meals, that means that Sister A could delete Sister B's appointment so she can have the missionaries on her preferred day. With that many editors, you'd have zero accountability.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”