Bank Routing Number Doesn't Work

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
ccrowells

Bank Routing Number Doesn't Work

Post by ccrowells »

I am trying to make a payment and it keeps kicking back my routing number, stating that it is "invalid." I contacted my bank (Wells Fargo in Utah) to see if I had a bad number. They assured me that the number I'm using is correct. Please help! Thank you in advance.
kdreidhead

Re: Bank Routing Number Doesn't Work

Post by kdreidhead »

I have the same problem, I bank with National Bank of Arizona and it is giving me the same error. Anyone know how to fix this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ccrowells wrote:I am trying to make a payment and it keeps kicking back my routing number, stating that it is "invalid." I contacted my bank (Wells Fargo in Utah) to see if I had a bad number. They assured me that the number I'm using is correct. Please help! Thank you in advance.
The routing number for Wells Fargo in Utah is 124002971 (it's publicly available). I've personally used that number for online donations, and it works fine.

Is that the number you're using?

Moderator Note: I deleted your duplicate post you made in a different forum. This Online Donations forum is the best place for your question, and as the Code of Conduct says, "Do not post the same material in multiple threads."
ccrowells

Post by ccrowells »

Yes, that is the number I am using. It keeps saying "invalid routing number"
ccrowells

Post by ccrowells »

It's working now...it must have been a glitch. Thank you for your help
jroos8869

Post by jroos8869 »

I am trying to make a donation payment and it keeps telling me that my routing number is "invalid." I contacted my bank, Chase, to verify the routing number and they said I’m using the correct number. Please help me! Thank you!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jroos8869 wrote:I am trying to make a donation payment and it keeps telling me that my routing number is "invalid." I contacted my bank, Chase, to verify the routing number and they said I’m using the correct number. Please help me! Thank you!
I don't see where this was resolved. Routing numbers are public and most can be found online. For example, Chase routing numbers can be found here:

https://www.chase.com/personal/checking/routing-numbers
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This thread has been locked at it's been attracting a number of posts with links to questionable sites. Anyone seeking their routing number should type "routing number" along with their bank's name into their favorite web search engine and choose the result that takes them to their bank's website. That would be safer than trusting information from some unknown website.

I might be paranoid, but in IT (especially when money is involved), a certain level of paranoia is an asset.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”