Account issues

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
michael.crook

Account issues

Post by michael.crook »

I was removed from the records four years ago but was recently rebaptized.

The problem is that when I try to sign up for a new account, I'm told an account exists. When I try to login, I have password issues, so I request a reset only to find out I used an e-mail address that I no longer have access to. I had to create this new account to post this as a "friend."

The way I see it, the easiest solution is to delete the old account and make this my member account. But how do I submit a ticket (I would get hauled into my branch president's office if I tried to call) and try to resolve it that way? Any help would be appreciated.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Account issues

Post by lajackson »

michael.crook wrote:The way I see it, the easiest solution is to delete the old account and make this my member account.
Just the opposite. Recover you former account by using the "Forgot your username?" option with your membership record number (MRN -- it has not changed) and your date of birth. Then contact your ward clerk who will be able to help you contact the Global Service Center to combine or delete the new account.

If you are not able to recover your former account, work through your ward clerk to contact the GSC and ask them to straighten it all out. Your clerk should also have your MRN in case you do not.
michael.crook

Post by michael.crook »

I tried and got this...

Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account does not exist.

but somewhere else it told me the account does exist.

I'll see my branch clerk on Sunday. Thanks!
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

michael.crook wrote:I tried and got this...

Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account does not exist.
The birth date could be wrong, or the rebaptism might not have been recorded yet. Hopefully the clerk can straighten it out. No need to wait until Sunday, either. If someone in my ward was having issues, I'd be happy to help them at any time (plus the Global Service Center is closed on weekends).

Return to “Church Account”