Can't Change Email Account or Verify Phone

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
michele.lee

Can't Change Email Account or Verify Phone

Post by michele.lee »

Can not change my email account back to original email account, it says "A user with this account information already exists. If you need help recovering your account, please visit our help page". I visit the help page, but that doesn't seem to provide helpful information. Not sure what to do. My personal information about tithing donations is going to an email account that I don't want it to go to. How do I contact someone to help me with this issue? This email account is being handed over from person to person to use for the purpose of the building scheduler. I don't want my personal information sent to an email that will be handed over to another person. It was easy to change my email, but extremely difficult to change it back. Another issue is, SMS is not being sent to me phone so that it can be verified.
Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 2.57.08 PM.png
(37.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can't Change Email Account or Verify Phone

Post by sbradshaw »

I'd recommend going through the account recovery process using your email address to see if you have a second account. It's likely that you created an account in the past, perhaps through FamilySearch or directly on LDS.org, and forgot about it.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”