Unable to assign families - "Bishop must record this assignment"

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jpuke

Unable to assign families - "Bishop must record this assignment"

Post by jpuke »

My Bishop and I (HPGL) are trying to figure out why I am unable to assign certain families to be visited and why LCR says that he has to be the one to make the assignment. One family has an Elder as the HoH so I can see that might be different, but the other is a single brother that is definitely a HP.

We also have another sister that cannot be assigned unless the Bishop makes the assignment and he tried but was unable to do so. Any ideas what's going on? (We're guessing the sister might be an issue of record annotation, requiring a call to Salt Lake)

Thanks,
Jeremy
eblood66

Re: Unable to assign families - "Bishop must record this assignment"

Post by eblood66 »

I think that these issues usually involve church discipline or annotations. If the bishop reviews the Confidential Member Information Report and he still can't see a reason for the restriction then he may need to call Local Unit Support. Normally, I'd say the clerk should call when there are problems but since this may involve confidential information it is probably better for the bishop to do it.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Unable to assign families - "Bishop must record this assignment"

Post by scgallafent »

When the bishop tries to record the assignment, he will see a message with more details. He should review that message carefully.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”