YouTube appears unblocked

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

YouTube appears unblocked

Post by Mikerowaved »

I just got home from visiting 2 of our buildings where I set out to bypass the firewall for a couple of Ethernet jacks so I could use YouTube Live to webcast our Stake Conference this Sunday. I about fell over when I (half heartedly) tried DL'ing a random YouTube video AND IT PLAYED! The first thing I checked was if the firewall was really working, but it promptly rejected gambling.com. Went to the second building and discovered the same thing.THANK YOU someone for doing this!
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: YouTube appears unblocked

Post by russellhltn »

I think it's usually unblocked near general conference. I wouldn't count on it staying that way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:I think it's usually unblocked near general conference. I wouldn't count on it staying that way.
Don't say that! I've already set my hopes on this being a permanent thing. :|
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm pretty sure that's the pattern we've seen before.

Realistically, the best you can hope for is "permanent until abused" (as a church, not a per-building basis). :(
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

dicknielson

Post by dicknielson »

My wife cannot figure out downloads. She was surprised and overjoyed they she could just run it from YouTube when she was fighting with her tablet.
KentAnderson

Post by KentAnderson »

On 12/9/16, I received an email addressed to STS's indicating that for December, YouTube would be unblocked in support of the #LIghtTheWorld campaign. The email said that YouTube would again be blocked shortly after the campaign ends.

I wouldn't count on it being available for long.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”