Firewall Model

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
techgy
Community Moderators

Firewall Model

Post by techgy »

Our stake is just beginning our efforts into setting up the Meetinghouse Internet.
When ordering the firewalls, is there a specific model we need to reference to order the Extended Firewall?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:Our stake is just beginning our efforts into setting up the Meetinghouse Internet.
When ordering the firewalls, is there a specific model we need to reference to order the Extended Firewall?

There is only one firewall that is shipped, and so if you just order the Church-managed firewall using the links from the Meetinghouse Internet page of clerk.lds.org, you will be fine.

I think what you mean by "Extended Firewall" is the LDS Extended Access filtering option. But you don't need to worry about that while ordering. That is a configuration setting that you will specify when you call the Global Service Desk at the time you activate the firewall.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan,

I had understood that the hardware was to be ordered through the local FM group.
Is this true or do I order it for our stake through the clerk's site?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:Alan,

I had understood that the hardware was to be ordered through the local FM group.
Is this true or do I order it for our stake through the clerk's site?

I don't know where you heard that, but it is not correct. The firewall can only be ordered online from Distribution Services. Go to the Internet Meetinghouse Introduction page, and scroll down to near the bottom where you will find the "Ordering" section. There is a link to the ordering page, which will require a unit login. The login process verifies that your stake is actually authorized to place the order (only stakes in US & Canada are currently authorized).

You can't even order the firewall over the phone -- I know because I tried.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”