invalid MRN

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
fduerksen9

invalid MRN

Post by fduerksen9 »

Hello,
The issue i am having is, when i go to enter my MRN into my account it shows this error" Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account already exists" im not sure how to correct this, i have tried multiple times to search for an account i have possible set up in the past by looking up my MRN but it states that i cannot access by the MRN option. it has me look it up through my phone number. and opens this account but i can not add my MRN and fully use the tools such as directory. I have triple checked with MLS that my information is correct. any help would be greatly appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: invalid MRN

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest working with your ward clerk in contacting CHQ. Not all accounts can be recovered with a MRN. Yours might be one of them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The second half of that error message is most likely your problem. You may have created an account some time in the past for some other purpose, such as FamilySearch.org. Follow the instructions in the post here to recover the account that already exits.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

you might try fduerksen09 instead

Return to “Church Account”