Vidiu Audio Input

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
randlarsen

Vidiu Audio Input

Post by randlarsen »

I have successfully used the Vidiu encoder several times in the past, but when I was testing the other day I could not get any usable audio. I am using the analog audio input, which has worked fine in the past. I have tried different audio sources, different cables, different setting in the encoder, etc. but I cannot get usable audio out. I did finally notice that I could barely hear the audio in the broadcast but it was not loud enough to be usable. Turning up the volume in the encoder made no difference. I also get no audio on the headphone output of the encoder. I even tried two different Vidiu encoders and could not get audio from either. Anyone have a suggestion as to what I might be missing here? We have a broadcast in two weeks and I need this to work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Vidiu Audio Input

Post by russellhltn »

What is your audio source? Has there been any changes with that?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

randlarsen wrote:I could not get any usable audio. I am using the analog audio input, which has worked fine in the past. I have tried different audio sources, different cables, different setting in the encoder, etc. but I cannot get usable audio out.
It sounds as if the volume on the audio you are feeding into the VidiU has lowered somehow. Look for a way to raise the level of the audio line you have been feeding to the VidiU in the past.

We feed audio out of our audiovisual rack into the audio minijack of the VidiU. It works fine. The VidiU is set to Analog audio and we are using a volume level of 10 on the 0-20 range. It seems your incoming audio has gone quiet on you, and upping the audio level on the VidiU has not worked. But since the audio is there, try to up the volume of the feed going into the VidiU. (I say that having absolutely no idea how I would do that on my AV rack.)

We have tried in the past to feed the same level of audio into the VidiU by way of the HDMI cable, but we have found in every case that the volume is way too low coming out of the VidiU to be useable that way. So we have stayed with the separate audio minijack input. Others have successfully used audio on the HDMI jack and it has worked.
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by rannthal »

I agree with lajackson on trying to figure out where the audio was lowered.

You can always try using a sound mixer to boost the signal. I have had great success with that.

If nothing else, call your FM group and tell them you have an event in two weeks. They should come out with haste to look at the problem.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”