LDS tools Temple worker lists

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
dt_richards

LDS tools Temple worker lists

Post by dt_richards »

Our Temple is encouraging us to use LDS Tools to find other workers when we need a substitute. Recently a Shift coordinator Told Us that this was now functional for his stake (Salem) Try as I might I cannot find out how to find this function in tools. Is it activated for the Mapleton stake and if so how can I access the list?

David Richards

dt.richards45@gmail.com
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS tools Temple worker lists

Post by russellhltn »

You didn't say what your calling is. Even if it is activated for your stake, it's only available to those whose calling has been recorded correctly for a position that the church feels should have access to that list. I could see a Shift Coordinator having access, but I'm not sure as Temple Workers would.

Even then, there can be issues with LDS Tools on different platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) getting features at different times.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

There is no standard calling I am aware of for temple ordinance workers, so I don't know what you would look for even if this were true.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

This is not a "function" in LDS Tools or anything that can be "activated." The Salem Stake has added a custom calling at the stake level for all of the ordinance, baptistry, and veil workers in the stake. Other temple workers in the stake can look at the stake callings to see a list of temple workers and then use that to start making calls to find a substitute. You may want to visit with your stake presidency and see if they are willing to do the same thing in your stake.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

scgallafent wrote:This is not a "function" in LDS Tools or anything that can be "activated." The Salem Stake has added a custom calling at the stake level for all of the ordinance, baptistry, and veil workers in the stake. Other temple workers in the stake can look at the stake callings to see a list of temple workers and then use that to start making calls to find a substitute. You may want to visit with your stake presidency and see if they are willing to do the same thing in your stake.
And i'm guessing this custom calling is still through MLS, not LCR?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

zaneclark wrote:And i'm guessing this custom calling is still through MLS, not LCR?
The callings are entered in LCR. You can't manage callings in MLS.
candiswall

Post by candiswall »

I am set apart as a temple worker for Monticello, Utah. I was on the temple worker portal once (it felt like it was an accident). I still need to find a substitute for the morning shift on Sept. 13. That is a Tuesday. Could anybody help me? My email is [deleted] Thank you!
Last edited by lajackson on Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Personal information deleted. This is a public forum.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Member Tools Temple worker lists

Post by lajackson »

candiswall wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:45 pm I was on the temple worker portal once (it felt like it was an accident). I still need to find a substitute . . .
No one here at this forum has access to help you. You will need to go to the temple worker portal or contact your shift coordinator for assistance.
leonenz

Post by leonenz »

My wife and I had the the Temple Worker Portal on our dashboard and it recently disappeared. Yes we are Las Vegas, NV Temple Ordinance Workers. How do we quickly get this back so we can schedule getting subs and being subs. Thanks for your help.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Member Tools Temple worker lists

Post by lajackson »

leonenz wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:11 pm My wife and I had the the Temple Worker Portal on our dashboard and it recently disappeared.
The post immediately before yours has a direct link to the TIS portal.

I am not aware of a dashboard in Member Tools. If you are speaking about the portal at the main Church website, the TIS link is available under the nine-dot drop down menu to the left of your name or photo. Select All Tools. It is quickest then to select the Temples filter on the left. TIS does not always appear in the main list of tools, even when you select Load More at the bottom of the list.

I have never found a way to add the TIS link to my Dashboard.

Because the main Church website is not a dependable source for the link, I have added a bookmark in my browser under the Church category of bookmarks that I keep current.

Return to “Member Tools”