Church employee technology presentations

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
amc79

Church employee technology presentations

Post by amc79 »

From time to time, I see reference to church IT employees giving technology presentations. Due to the scale of the church operations it understandably becomes newsworthy when Church employees discuss their technology decisions and implementation guidelines. For example I found an announcement (somewhat dated) of a presentation on the Church's decision to use Vignette for it's mutlilingual content management needs http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... _n13594532. I don't know if such presentations contain information not suitable for public consumption, but there are also case studies about the Church using technology (e.g., here's one on the XML encoding for the Joseph Smith Papers project: http://www.idealliance.org/proceedings/ ... Paper.HTML), that are available, but difficult to find.

Obviously, if forum members find them, I assume we can post them to this project forum. But is there a way that Church employees interviewed for such articles could give us a heads up so we don't have to go crawling with Google for them?
HansenBK

Presentations

Post by HansenBK »

It also wouldn't hurt for us to post up when we are going to be presenting at a venue. There are always engineers from the Church at the UJUG and more than likely one of them is presenting or running the show that evening. I haven't followed the UNUG or NUNUG much from the .Net side of the house, but I would guess that there are Church IT people presenting there on a regular basis as well.

Another thing that would be interesting to see, but takes a little up front planning, is to have a meeting area at major conferences. I know that most of the designers are going to SXSW and there will be quite a few engineers at JavaOne.

B.
WelchTC

Please let me know...

Post by WelchTC »

If you have technical documents you want me to post, I can post them in our "Technical Documents" section on this web site. Also, I have opened up the calendaring system on the forums. You can read more about this announcement [thread=257]here[/thread].

Tom

Return to “Other Member Technologies”