Email notification of unverified email change

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
skyenarvaez

Email notification of unverified email change

Post by skyenarvaez »

I just received an email on September 30, 2016 that my email was changed.
I did NOT authorize this change.
I followed the instructions given to me in the corresponding email.
I have changed my email back to the original one I authorized and I have changed my password.
Please let me know if I should be concerned of strangers hacking into my account and what I can do to help resolve this problem.

Mahalo,
Skye Narvaez
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Email notification of unverified email change

Post by russellhltn »

Be aware that the ward clerk and membership clerk can update the email. That's probably what happened. They somehow came across a email and thought it was a updated email address.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
skyenarvaez

Post by skyenarvaez »

I will double check with my bishopric.
If it wasn't anyone from my bishopric what steps would I need to take in order to prevent this from happening again?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think you've already done what can be done.

Odds are that no one will confess to changing it as they only remember changing someone else's email.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
janeanl

Post by janeanl »

Hi! I just had this same problem today. I received a notice that someone changed my email address for my account. I went in and the new address was for a person I don't know and is not in my ward or anything. So I changed it back to me and changed my password. I think that's all that can be done, but just wanted you to know in case this is a bigger system hacking problem.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We found a problem that was fixed yesterday. For about a week or so if a leader used LCR and checked a box that a person has been set apart in their calling, it was wiping out their email address. This has been fixed, but we think it was also sening out the notification message.

Return to “Church Account”