Custom Setup and Cleanup Times

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
casper684

Custom Setup and Cleanup Times

Post by casper684 »

As this was only place I found topic of set up and clean up addressed I am posting here.
Would like to have you add 1.5 hours for set up. It takes 1.5 hours to fill the font and
no option for that so must always choose 2 hours for set up.

Thank you
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Custom Setup and Cleanup Times

Post by aebrown »

casper684 wrote:As this was only place I found topic of set up and clean up addressed I am posting here.
Moderator note: I split this post from the Events with Setup and Cleanup Times Change other Events topic, since it deals with a separate issue. You can always use the "New Topic" button (in this case in the Calendar forum) to begin a discussion of a new subject.
casper684 wrote:Would like to have you add 1.5 hours for set up. It takes 1.5 hours to fill the font and no option for that so must always choose 2 hours for set up.
I would guess that the designers of this feature chose to favor a simpler interface over more flexibility.

You can always submit your suggestion using the Feedback link on LDS.org; that will at least insure that it is seen by the product managers.

Given the way it works now, you have a couple of choices:
  • Just choose the 2 hour setup time and don't worry about it. The only tiny downside is that you are booking the font for a time you're not actually using it, but it's highly unlikely that anyone else will care about the extra 30 minutes you have booked the font. This is the simplest approach for you.
  • Create a separate calendar event for the setup that only books the font. It could go on a private calendar so that it doesn't distract anyone, or the building scheduler could put it on the building calendar. This gives you the exact flexibility you desire, but it's a fair amount of hassle.

Return to “Calendar”