Pausing Face-toFace Stream

Discussions around receiving conferences and broadcasts for the meetinghouse via Internet.
craiggsmith

Pausing Face-toFace Stream

Post by craiggsmith »

Excuse my ignorance, but would it be possible to pause the live Face-to-Face stream so that it can be delayed about 15 minutes?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
harsco

Re: Pausing Face-toFace Stream

Post by harsco »

We would like to pause it a full hour to start at 7pm
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

*IF* the church has turned on the DVR service for their YouTube event, and *if* you are viewing it somewhere other than an LDS meetinghouse (which still blocks YouTube), then you should be able to watch it via YouTube and reset it to start from the beginning anytime after the 6pm (MDT) start time.

I know it's a lot of IFs, which is not what you want when you have a bunch of youth all gathered together ready to go, but that's the best I can do.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shawndowler

Post by shawndowler »

I would love some official guidance on what the expectation is for these Face to Face events. I've been fine in the past when the timing worked out, but our stake and wards want to start it two hours later. I have the ability to record from my video switcher, but that's very non-standard. And I can't time shift it in-progress, so much shorter than a two hour gap and I can't accommodate it.

We have different wards who want to see it and no way for me to reasonably provide it to all of them, so I'm telling them all to meet in the Stake Center cultural hall and I'll have it ready by 7:00pm Arizona time.

Where can I learn how these meetings are intended to be consumed by wards?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shawndowler wrote:Where can I learn how these meetings are intended to be consumed by wards?
Good question. I'm not seeing anything on the Official Communication Library. All I see is on lds.org "This event can be watched as part of a Mutual activity, or youth can participate with their friends or family at home."
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Receiving Internet Broadcasts”