Reimage with Church's Win10 Image

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
dougj

Reimage with Church's Win10 Image

Post by dougj »

Anyone know how to get an image for the tiny lenovo clerk computers that includes the church software? I'm looking for the default image that came on the computers that will run thru the initial setup.

Or, is there anywhere I can take it to get it reimaged?

Any leads are appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Reimage with Church's Win10 Image

Post by russellhltn »

That info can be found in the Help Center under Computers / Setup & Retirement / Reimaging local unit computers
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dougj

Post by dougj »

After imaging the Lenovo M700 Tiny with that image, it reboots and it is a windows 7 image, not Windows 10.

In addition, the setup process freezes the computer. I have downloaded the iso multiple times, created a bootable thumb drive multiple times, reimaged multiple times and every time it is windows 7 and it freezes at the initial setup step.

And, just so you can verify, I am using what should be the correct image: Lenovo M79 and M73 Image, http://liveupdate.ldschurch.org/clerkim ... 73_M79.iso.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dougj wrote:Lenovo M700
I don't see a listing for that model. They may not have created an image for it yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dougj

Post by dougj »

Well, somebody has one somewhere because eight other computers of the same model that the stake just got have a win10 image.

Is there any way to drop by the Riverton or another office and have it reimaged the same way they were all done originally? I'd be happy to drop by. (I'm just in Provo.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think we have any church employees who work in unit desktop support that visit the forum. So I'm not sure as you'll get an answer. You could try Local Unit support.

dougj

Post by dougj »

Already did. They don't know anything, either.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yeah, some time in the past I think I got someone who would help, but it appears that's reserved for employees. Apparently our "support line" is the local FM Group. You could ask them. At least ask them to raise the issue with their higher ups.

What you might do is clone one of the other machines and then rename and de-personalize the restored image. As long as that machine has had Win10 on it in the past, you should be OK. That's what I did for a older model.

Biggles

Post by Biggles »

dougj wrote:Well, somebody has one somewhere because eight other computers of the same model that the stake just got have a win10 image.

Is there any way to drop by the Riverton or another office and have it reimaged the same way they were all done originally? I'd be happy to drop by. (I'm just in Provo.)
If I remember correctly, since she end of July, any new computers will have the W10 image, as the default operating system. I'm guessing that the W10 image hasn't been made readily available, because of licensing issues (W7 to W10 after the free upgrade finished) to discourage over enthusiastic STS's ( :D ) from reimaging currently installed computers.
Esls

Post by Esls »

Anyone here knows where can I find the Win10 image for Optiplex 9020? The links are not at the imaging computers page.

Return to “Clerk Computers”