Highlighting and notes on the intro pages of the BOM

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mommy_oldfield

Highlighting and notes on the intro pages of the BOM

Post by mommy_oldfield »

Recently, I have come to use the online tools more for my scripture study as I embark in Pathway, but have found that I cannot highlight nor make notes in the introduction pages of the Book of Mormon and I'm now thinking I won't be able to in the Bible Dictionary or Topical Guide either. I think this is a vital part of the note taking process and would be a great addition. Thank you.
lmcguire

Re: Highlighting and notes on the intro pages of the BOM

Post by lmcguire »

Certain types of content (lists, headings, titles, indented quotes) generally cannot be highlighted - I recommend you try a TG and a BD entry to see - what you experience with one (of each, as the TG could behave differently from the BD), you will likely experience with all.

This is a known issue with the content (not the app), and some of it has been updated over the course of years to allow highlighting on that sort of thing (e.g. in new manuals), but there's a ton of content, so it will take time. Since they know about the issue and how to "fix" it, I recommend praying for blessings on those who are involved in this work, to aid them in their progress.

In the meantime, I put my highlights / notes as close to the text in question as possible, and include in my note a reference back to what I wanted to highlight (and if it's short, I might copy the text and paste it into my note).

FWIW,

Liz
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This will be fixed with Gospel Library 4.0, which is switching over to HTML5 content. It should be out before the end of the year.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

sbradshaw wrote:This will be fixed with Gospel Library 4.0, which is switching over to HTML5 content. It should be out before the end of the year.
Will that fix it on both the web and app versions? Or just if you're using the app?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Sorry, I didn't read the original post carefully enough. The Gospel Library 4.0 update will only affect the app. I don't know as much about the LDS.org study tools roadmap, but they'll have to switch their content over to the new format. Some content, like General Conference, is already switched over, but the scriptures haven't been.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”