Lost annotations in Gospel Library

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
mjw8

Lost annotations in Gospel Library

Post by mjw8 »

I just entered a number of annotations into Gospel Library on my Surface Pro 3. I entered them in both the Aaronic Priesthood lesson I was preparing, and in D&C 59. Saved them, and everything looked great. My Android phone was sitting at my side and is also running gospel library. I looked up a scripture on my phone while keeping my place in Gospel Library. I then went to a different location in Library on my Surface. When I returned a few minutes later to the lesson in Gospel Library, the annotations were gone. I looked up D&C 59. No annotations.
What's going on? By the way, I've tried annotations periodically over the past couple of years, and had them all disappear on me before. I've never had success with them.
Could it be that my devices are competing with each other when they sync?

Additionally, help at https://ue.ldschurch.org/mobile/gla/Adv ... ds.org.htm isn't helpful. There is no Sync Annotations button in my Windows version of Gospel Library.
egnlsn

Re: Lost annotations in Gospel Library

Post by egnlsn »

Click Settings>LDS Account. The sync button is next to the username.

The Android app seems to do 1-way sync just fine (in my Android app, read a bookmarked chapter, advance to the next, update bookmark, and it's updated online and in my Windows 8.1 app), but 2-way doesn't do as well (in my Windows app, go to the next chapter, update the bookmark, and it's updated online but NOT in my Android app). That's been going on for awhile.
CIAO!

Ed Nielsen
mjw8

Post by mjw8 »

Thanks Ed. I found the sync button.
draesen

Post by draesen »

The same issue just happened to me. I was annotating on my windows version of the gospel library app and when i went to sync the notes onto my ipad (becuase that's what I use for my New Testament class) none of the notes were there. then i looked onto my windows version and all of the notes were gone. I was very confused and a little irritated especially because our teacher for the class im in requires us to use the app and record all of our notes in the app. now the last 2 hours I spent marking those notes was wasted. Is there a way to get those notes back?
thanks,
-Draesen

Return to “Android Gospel Library”