This recovery option is not available for this account. Please try another option.

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
thebundok

This recovery option is not available for this account. Please try another option.

Post by thebundok »

I'm the ward clerk and I'm posting on behalf of another member.

This member can't remember her username/pw for her lds.org account. There is no option for a Norway country code (seems really odd) so that recovery option isn't available and then any time we try to use her MRN & DOB or the email option, both return with "this recovery option is not available for this account. Please try another option."

Well, the only other option is by phone, but there's no Norway country code. So we're stuck.

She doesn't know/have the password for the email she *may* have used to register the account originally. I tried changing her email account to one she does know the login for and still the message returns "this recovery option is not available for this account. Please try another option." Not sure what else to try.

Trying to register a new account returns the message that there is already an account with this MRN. Is there an admin who can re-register her or solve this in some way?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: This recovery option is not available for this account. Please try another option.

Post by russellhltn »

thebundok wrote:Is there an admin who can re-register her or solve this in some way?
You won't find one in this forum. It's strictly user-to user support. I think you're going to have to call the Global Support desk to deal with this.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: This recovery option is not available for this account. Please try another option.

Post by lajackson »

thebundok wrote:Not sure what else to try.
Have her try to recover her account using the "Forgot your username?" option. This will require her membership record number and her date of birth. Then she can update the account with a new password, email address, etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OP says he's tried that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:OP says he's tried that.
She should make sure she is trying from the "Forgot you username?" link. And if that does not work, the ward clerk will probably need to intercede with the Global Service Center on her behalf.
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

lajackson wrote:She should make sure she is trying from the "Forgot you username?" link.
Yeah, it's from the "Forgot Username" that she's trying as that is the only method that gives the 3 choices for recovery. When selecting "Forgot Password" you only have the option to input username (which is forgotten, so of little use).
lajackson wrote:And if that does not work, the ward clerk will probably need to intercede with the Global Service Center on her behalf.
I looked up the contact info for GSC, but perhaps you can better direct me? The only 3 options seemed to be "Local Unit Support" for MLS help, "IT Support" for meetinghouse technology (does lds.org fall under meetinghouse tech? It doesn't appear to according to their website) or store.lds.org for the Online Store

Is there something I'm missing (I'm the Ward Clerk) or a better place to contact? Or should I just go to the IT Support?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm guessing IT support. If that's not it, they'll refer you to the right place.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

thebundok wrote:Is there something I'm missing (I'm the Ward Clerk) or a better place to contact? Or should I just go to the IT Support?
The phone menu is not very intuitive. I would lean toward the "Priesthood Leader, including Clerks" option, then "Local Unit Support" if some other option does not sound right. As russellhltn said, as soon as you find a person, let them know you are helping a member who is having trouble with an LDS Account, and they will get you to the right place.

Return to “Church Account”