Add teacher

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

Add teacher

Post by wrigjef »

An instructor for the gospel principles class was just called in our ward. I went into LMS to update her calling but that class has no callings assigned and I don't see a way to add one. It seems weird that I'd have to add the position as a custom calling. Can someone help a membership newbie?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Add teacher

Post by jdlessley »

Callings must be entered using the online leader and clerk resources (LCR). In fact you should have been directed through a popup message that your actions were being direction online when you attempted to make calling edits through MLS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Sorry I meant LCR. I have not accessed MLS in this ward yet. I was told that for membership I would have little need to. I still can not add an instructor to that class.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Does the class have an 'Add Another Calling' link? If so, what are the options listed in the drop down box that appears when you click the link? All of the classes in our Sunday School organization has Sunday School Teacher as a standard calling and then an option for adding a custom calling.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Figured it out. The calling was "hidden" so I unhid it and the edit button appeared.

Return to “Membership Help”