Satellite Rack RCA Video to VidiU HDMI

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Satellite Rack RCA Video to VidiU HDMI

Post by lajackson »

If I use the yellow RCA jack on the satellite rack as my video source, can I just connect it directly to the HDMI on the VidiU, or do I need to have a converter box in the line?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Satellite Rack RCA Video to VidiU HDMI

Post by russellhltn »

You might be able to connect the Cisco HDMI out direct to the VidiU. But RCA to HMDI is going to take more than a cable.

The question is why? Why not stream the feed directly at the remote site?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Please allow me to rephrase. I should have called it the audiovisual rack, a 7-foot tall rack which also includes the satellite receiver, video and audio amplification and distribution for the entire meetinghouse, including the chapel sound, video switcher, white noise machine, chapel camera control, and those are just the boxes and wires I have found.

This is for a webcast (hence the use of this Topic), where all of the switching and other fun stuff for the stake conference video will wind up (among other places) at an RCA jack in the front of the rack. I need to get it from the RCA jack into the VidiU HDMI input which, conveniently enough, is also in the rack.

That said, I think your "RCA to HMDI is going to take more than a cable" means I will need one of those converter boxes in between the two ends.

I think the last guy was rewiring the rack every time. I am guessing he was switching the VGA input from an input to the video amp to an output port on the video distribution amp. He had a VGA to HDMI converter.

But I am not keen on changing all the connections each time. It would be too easy to miss a satellite broadcast because things did not get wired back correctly and no one was around to fix it.

So I am trying the RCA to HDMI trick.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:That said, I think your "RCA to HMDI is going to take more than a cable" means I will need one of those converter boxes in between the two ends.
Correct. If you don't have one already, get a EMtech AVDH-1. It's job is to make switching easy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:That said, I think your "RCA to HMDI is going to take more than a cable" means I will need one of those converter boxes in between the two ends.
Correct. If you don't have one already, get a EMtech AVDH-1. It's job is to make switching easy.
Okay. If I am going to go from the yellow Video Out RCA port at the left end of the EMtech AFDH-1, can I cable directly into the VidiU HDMI port, or do I need the converter box? (It is not hooked up to a Webcaster Box.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RCA video = composite analog.
HDMI = digital.

Your not going to find a cable that goes from RCA to HDMI.

harddrive

Post by harddrive »

You will need to get something like this to be able to go from RCA (Analog) to HDMI (Digital). You will also need to make sure that the Audio gets into the VIdiU.

https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Composite-C ... o+hdmi+out
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

harddrive wrote:You will need to get something like this to be able to go from RCA (Analog) to HDMI (Digital). You will also need to make sure that the Audio gets into the VIdiU.
Thanks. That is the way we are headed. Then the rack will not have to be rewired each time.

I really hate to spend Church money on the expensive recommended ATLONA (AT HD120) model. Is it worth it? Does it work 10 times better? Is it more reliable? Is the picture better because of it?
roblad

Post by roblad »

The FM groups can provide a quality powered device, that will convert RCA Video / Audio to HDMI.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

roblad wrote:The FM groups can provide a quality powered device, that will convert RCA Video / Audio to HDMI.
Maybe yours did, but that's not what the write-ups I've seen suggest. The VidiU is FM's responsibility, but the converter is the stake's.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”