Temple DIvorce

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
littlegibson

Temple DIvorce

Post by littlegibson »

I have been told that I could get on the church website and I can fill out something for my temple divorce. I can't seem to find that information anywhere on here. Could someone please help me with this if it is possible or if I need to go in a different direction to get this done.

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Temple DIvorce

Post by aebrown »

littlegibson wrote:I have been told that I could get on the church website and I can fill out something for my temple divorce. I can't seem to find that information anywhere on here. Could someone please help me with this if it is possible or if I need to go in a different direction to get this done.
There's no way for Church members to do that on LDS.org. You need to talk to your bishop and stake president, and they can counsel with you about the relevant policies and procedures.
littlegibson

Post by littlegibson »

Okay, that's weird because my bishop and stake president said that it can be done on the church website.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

littlegibson wrote:Okay, that's weird because my bishop and stake president said that it can be done on the church website.
THEY can do it there (in a special part of LDS.org for leaders), because they are the leaders with responsibility in this area. Perhaps they're assuming (incorrectly) that because they can, that you can.
littlegibson

Post by littlegibson »

Oh okay, that makes sense they can do it when they are signed in because of their position. So they might think that everyone can. That makes sense. Thank you for help on this.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Your bishop should begin the process in Leader and Clerk Resources. Once he has started the process, you will be able to complete your portion of the application online. You can't begin your portion until the bishop has started his part of the process.

Return to “Church Account”