101 NA Not Authorized - New CISCO Sat Receiver

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
Biggles

Re: 101 NA Not Authorized - New CISCO Sat Receiver

Post by Biggles »

Having spoken to GSC this morning, they weren't aware of any outages. The representative said that they normally receive notifications of problems. It's looking more like an intermittent LNB problem. I have a spare receiver, so will carry out more tests tomorrow evening.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Called support last week and they said that have been doing encrypted satellite testing for a temple dedication
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Very interesting. Could be a case of the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
kreeve

Post by kreeve »

Ok, I checked again yesterday around 2 PM MDT and today (Sept 6th) and it is working. I am getting the typical programming you see when events are not happening.

I did notice something interesting. If I channel down below 101, the display shows 1160, which is the am freq for KSL radio. It sounded like it too. That is something new?

Kevin
dwilliams

Post by dwilliams »

I'm getting the same thing. It worked for the CES broadcast last Sunday, now it says not authorized.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Most likely, it's another stake conference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Another Temple Dedication yesterday, Philadelphia right? - I noticed it for the first time yesterday.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The Philadelphia Temple was dedicated. If you are not in the Philadelphia Temple District, you received a Not Authorized screen for most of the day.

For the curious, you will be able to see it again on October 16, unless you live in the Fort Collins Colorado Temple District, and on October 30, unless you live in the Star Valley Wyoming Temple District (and November 20 for the Hartford Connecticut Temple Dedication).

Lots of Not Authorized opportunities above and beyond the regional stake conference schedule, which I do not have.

Return to “Satellite”