tithing and fast offerings paid.

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
vhildt

tithing and fast offerings paid.

Post by vhildt »

I have made on-line payments on two occasions for tithing and fast offerings that I owe; however it has been credited to my lds account, but not taken out of my bank checking account. I talked with someone in the auditing dept., I believe in July, and was told to speak with our ward clerk, which I did, but he tells me he can't do anything from the ward account. On Sept. 11, I made another payment of $300 for tithing and $40 for fast offerings, and again, have been credited by your department as being paid, but, again, it has not been taken out of my bank account. What can we do to correct whatever is going on? :? My membership number is [redacted]. Please help me with this problem, as it is not being corrected. [Personal details redacted.] Thanks for your help.
Last edited by aebrown on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove personal details
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: tithing and fast offerings paid.

Post by jonesrk »

The mrn you listed is not the one that this LDS Account is tied to. That is likely your problem.

you should edit your post and remove your private info as this is a public forum
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:The mrn you listed is not the one that this LDS Account is tied to. That is likely your problem.
But he's saying the money never left his bank account. I don't see how what MRN is tied to the posting account has to do with it. If the transaction was canceled, shouldn't it show in the on-line system?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Just a note... we don't 'owe' tithing, neither is it a 'payment' but is an offering.... I get it, I'm just being picky, but It doesn't feel right thinking of it as a payment nor that it is 'owed' in some way.....
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Online Donations”