Past donations up to 10 years visible

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
mfmohlma

Past donations up to 10 years visible

Post by mfmohlma »

According to a new letter sent to priesthood leaders, members will be able to view up to 10 years of donation history by October 1. Hopefully this will avail the clerks from having to kill trees handing out YTD statements this year before tithing settlement.

(And as with any good software release announcement, the enhancement seems to already be live.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Past donations up to 10 years visible

Post by russellhltn »

It looks like it goes back to 2007. A tad short of 10 years (until 2017 rolls around). I don't remember how far it used to go back, but I think even in the beginning it was more than what MLS (at least in the US) had.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:It looks like it goes back to 2007. A tad short of 10 years (until 2017 rolls around).
That depends on how you count. If you're counting calendar years (Jan 31-Dec 31), then it is exactly 10 years.

My question is, are they simply starting with 10 years, but will continue to add history, or is the plan to only maintain 10 calendar years? If the latter, then once 2017 rolls around we would see 2007 donations disappear.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I believe members in the United States already are able to see back to 2007. The letter (I'm assuming it's the same one you saw) is actually addressed to leaders outside of the United States, which is great news for members in other places that don't have any access to the LDS.org Donations tool yet!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Online Donations”