System.Exception Error in Windows 10

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

lmcowdell

System.Exception Error in Windows 10

Post by lmcowdell »

I have an HP Stream 7 running Win10. I keep getting an "Exception of type 'System Exception' was thrown" error when it is "Loading annotations". I click the Close button and it just keeps Loading annotations. It was working fine then on day it started giving me this error.
Lena.Krr

Re: System.Exception Error in Windows 10

Post by Lena.Krr »

hey! I have the same problem! I newly downloaded gospel libary and it is stuck at the same point as yours. Have you found a solution? Did you fix it?
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

It isn't limited to Windows 10, but also repro in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 for the bookmarks as well since the July 18th update to the beta program.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

From one of the developers working on the app:
There is a new update being published to the store which reverts the changes to Annotations. Hopefully you won’t require a re-install. Sorry for the inconvenience. We were testing some speed improvements to Annotations. Thanks for your feedback.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
JSkalski

Post by JSkalski »

I am having a similar system exception error when the app is loading. I can't get it to open. I am really missing gospel library on my surface pro 3 (running windows 8.1pro). Anxious for a fix. Thank you!
heath544

Post by heath544 »

Just installed Gospel Library on a new Win10 system and I am still seeing this error. Version is 2.16.7.300
Performance is also really problematic. There are 30 second periods of unresponsiveness after downloading each new piece of content in the library.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

@JSkalski
You most likely will need to reinstall the application from the Windows Store. Let me know if that helps you.

@heath544
Just installed Gospel Library on a new Win10 system and I am still seeing this error. Version is 2.16.7.300
Try reinstalling the application. It should not be throwing this error, especially not on the non-beta version of the app. Also try installing the beta if you haven't already.
Performance is also really problematic. There are 30 second periods of unresponsiveness after downloading each new piece of content in the library.
This is very uncharacteristic of the application on desktops, laptops, or tablets. (Some much older, low-end phones like the Lumia 520 do have this problem, however, as their hardware is just barely good enough to even run the application.) Those thirty seconds are most likely the app indexing the new content so that it can be searched, but unless the app is running off an extremely slow (read: failing) hard drive, there's no reason for it to cause the application to hang like that. Even on my lowly 2gb RAM Surface 3, performance is smooth.
kayellett

Post by kayellett »

I am having this same problem on my PC. I have tried reinstalling several times both the Beta version and the regular version and is continues to get stuck after the error message System Exception was Thrown. Do you have any suggestions or is there a fix coming soon?
Thanks for your help :)
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Are your devices completely up to date (running the Windows 10 Anniversary update)?
willowbecker

Post by willowbecker »

I'm having this issue still. Is there a fix coming soon, or has it already been released?

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”