Question regarding Teaching in the Savior's Way Broadcast

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
Jameswgarner

Question regarding Teaching in the Savior's Way Broadcast

Post by Jameswgarner »

We received broadcast instructions for the "Teaching in the Savior's Way" broadcast on November 5th. The broadcast is at 1pm MST. This is during our Stake Confernece weekend, so our Stake President wants to show the broadcast at 4pm MST, so we can hold our other Stake Confernece meetings immediately following the broadcast. My question is, will this be re-broadcast at 4pm MST? Also, it says it will be archived on LDS.org, does anyone know with certainty how soon that archive will be available? Is it possible to have it archived an hour and a half later? Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Question regarding Teaching in the Savior's Way Broadcast

Post by russellhltn »

Jameswgarner wrote:We received broadcast instructions for the "Teaching in the Savior's Way" broadcast on November 5th. The broadcast is at 1pm MST. This is during our Stake Confernece weekend, so our Stake President wants to show the broadcast at 4pm MST, so we can hold our other Stake Confernece meetings immediately following the broadcast. My question is, will this be re-broadcast at 4pm MST?
What do the instructions say? Generally the instructions lists all the rebroadcasts. It's not showing up for me in the Official Communications Library, so I can't tell.

Jameswgarner wrote:Also, it says it will be archived on LDS.org, does anyone know with certainty how soon that archive will be available? Is it possible to have it archived an hour and a half later? Thanks.
I wouldn't count on it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It doesn't look like there's a re-broadcast mentioned in the letter, so there probably won't be. And, unless you personally talk with the content and media team at Church headquarters, I wouldn't count on it being online that quickly. Because it's not as high priority as General Conference, it will probably be put up on Monday or Tuesday (during the workweek).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Jameswgarner

Post by Jameswgarner »

Does anyone have a contact for the Content and Media team at Church Headquarters? I'm afraid if I call the main GSS number, I'll get a generic answer, or someone's best guess. Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

For what it's worth, the Worldwide Young Adult Fireside with Elder Cook last Sunday evening was available to stream online within two minutes after the end of the broadcast.

According to the August 25 Notice, there will not be a rebroadcast of the Teaching broadcast on the Church satellite system. You can take your chances on being able to stream it, or you can record for 1-1/2 hours at 1:00 pm Mountain time. I think those are your options.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”