Please update Membership status on LDS.org

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Hoopzmama@yahoo.com

Please update Membership status on LDS.org

Post by Hoopzmama@yahoo.com »

When I log onto LDS tools app I get an error that I am missing information on LDS.org. I have all of my information updated but still receive the error. Thoughts?
Attachments
image.png
(121.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Please update Membership status on LDS.org

Post by russellhltn »

A couple of possibilities: There's no MRN associated with your account. As a result, it doesn't see you as a member. Another possibility is that your records have been moved out and are no longer in a ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ElyseMartin

Post by ElyseMartin »

This is exactly what mine is doing as well and I cant figure out how to fix it. Ward members are able to see me but I am unable to access anything and cant seem to find anyone who can help me. Have you had any luck?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ElyseMartin wrote:This is exactly what mine is doing as well and I cant figure out how to fix it. Ward members are able to see me but I am unable to access anything and cant seem to find anyone who can help me. Have you had any luck?
The most likely scenario is that your LDS Account is not connected to your membership record number (MRN). To fix that, sign in to ldsaccount.lds.org and then go to the Membership tab to enter your MRN. Make sure you have your correct MRN from your ward clerk.
richardbaum

Post by richardbaum »

"The most likely scenario is that your LDS Account is not connected to your membership record number (MRN). To fix that, sign in to ldsaccount.lds.org and then go to the Membership tab to enter your MRN. Make sure you have your correct MRN from your ward clerk."

My problem is when I enter my MRN, I get a error saying my MRN already exists and will not accept me as a member. I cannot view LDS tools
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

richardbaum wrote:"The most likely scenario is that your LDS Account is not connected to your membership record number (MRN). To fix that, sign in to ldsaccount.lds.org and then go to the Membership tab to enter your MRN. Make sure you have your correct MRN from your ward clerk."

My problem is when I enter my MRN, I get a error saying my MRN already exists and will not accept me as a member. I cannot view LDS tools
Given this new information, the situation must be that you have two LDS Accounts. The one you are actively using doesn't have your MRN connected to it. The other does have your MRN connected to it, but you have most likely forgotten about it. Note that your MRN can only be connected to one account.

So the next step is to recover the account with your MRN by following the steps in this post.

Return to “Church Account”