Error assigning home teachers - "The bishop must record this assignment."

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jordanburke

Error assigning home teachers - "The bishop must record this assignment."

Post by jordanburke »

Hi. Has anyone run into this error? I'm EQP an am trying to assign some home teachers to several households (using LDS.org). Typically, I Edit their record, type in the companionship name as it auto populates and then hit Save. However, for the past month plus when I do it I get "The bishop must record this assignment." in red text.
Home_Teaching.jpg
(69.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Error assigning home teachers - "The bishop must record this assignment."

Post by scgallafent »

Have you contacted the bishop and asked him to record the assignment?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Handbook 2: 7.4.2 says "They obtain the bishop’s approval for each companionship and each home teaching assignment."

I'm not sure if this is a case of LCR enforcing the Handbook, or if there's something with one of the assignments that's triggering this. This "something" could be confidential.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I'm not sure if this is a case of LCR enforcing the Handbook, or if there's something with one of the assignments that's triggering this. This "something" could be confidential.
The latter. Hence the priesthood leader is not able to make the assignment but is not given the reason. He is only told that the bishop must record the assignment.

When the bishop goes to record the assignment, the message he receives will help him decide whether or not to record the assignment.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”