Printing Of Melchizedek Presthood Ord. Cert. Different for MLS vs. LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bugsplat

Printing Of Melchizedek Presthood Ord. Cert. Different for MLS vs. LCR

Post by bugsplat »

Hello,

I have noticed that printing of the MPOC is different in LCR vs. MLS. The certificate that I print from MLS has 2 signature blocks: a block for the Stake or District Rep (who witnessed the ordination) and a block for the Stake or Mission President. The certificate that I print from LCR has 1 signature block for the Stake or Mission President.

Also, the title of "high priest" differs. In MLS, the HP title is shown as "High Priest". In LCR, the HP title is shown as "high priest".

Are these 2 differences correct? Or is there an error in the printing process?

I have searched around and found nothing in any LCR documentation discussing the changes.

I deeply appreciate any help you can provide.

Regards,
H. Chris Jorgensen
Gastonia NC Stake
Asst. Stake Clerk for Membership
eblood66

Re: Printing Of Melchizedek Presthood Ord. Cert. Different for MLS vs. LCR

Post by eblood66 »

The change to lower case was discussed briefly in this thread: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... te#p154426

There was no definitive answer but sbradshaw provides a reasonable possible explanation.

As for the missing signature line, I doubt that is an oversight. The Aaronic priesthood ordination certificates and the baptism certificates have never had two signatures even though the bishop may not always be present at the actual ordination or baptism. The Stake President is the one with the keys so his is the one that really matters.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The form in LCR is correct. Those changes were made when the form was migrated from MLS to LCR.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bugsplat wrote:The certificate that I print from MLS has 2 signature blocks: . . .
Also, the title of "high priest" differs.
The stake president authorizes the ordination. It would appear that someone at headquarters has made the determination that his signature on the certificate is sufficient.

According to modern conventions of the English language, high priest should not be capitalized. So that would be either a correction or just a change of the times, I suppose.

LCR is like getting a new Handbook. In this case, things have changed. I would not count either one of them as errors that need to be corrected.
bugsplat

Post by bugsplat »

Thank you all for your responses...

God bless
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

lajackson wrote:The stake president authorizes the ordination. It would appear that someone at headquarters has made the determination that his signature on the certificate is sufficient.

According to modern conventions of the English language, high priest should not be capitalized. So that would be either a correction or just a change of the times, I suppose.

LCR is like getting a new Handbook. In this case, things have changed. I would not count either one of them as errors that need to be corrected.
I heartily agree with both changes. I hated chasing folks down for a signature on a certificate.

Now if we can just train our leaders and members when to use "councilor" and when to use "counselor" I can die a happy man.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:Now if we can just train our leaders and members when to use "councilor" and when to use "counselor" I can die a happy man.
Then, fortunately for us, I suspect we will get to keep you around for a long, long time. [grin]

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”