Donations for Dependent

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
NebraskaWest

Donations for Dependent

Post by NebraskaWest »

I am attempting to sign my handicapped son up so he can make his donation on-line. He has the same e-mail address as mine, but has a different User Name. Thus far I have been unsuccessful in setting up an account for him to donate on-line. I manage his finances so I am the one that will be doing the actual entry.

Any clarification would be appreciated.
eblood66

Re: Donations for Dependent

Post by eblood66 »

I believe that you do need a different email address for donations. For some email services you can create a different email address that gets delivered to the same mailbox. For example, in gmail you can add write myname+morename@gmail.com and gmail will ignore the '+morename' part and deliver it to myname@gmail.com. That's what I do for my son and I'm in a similar situation.

Alternatively you could create another email account on one of the free services and set it up to forward to your main email address.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donations for Dependent

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:For example, in gmail you can add write myname+morename@gmail.com and gmail will ignore the '+morename' part and deliver it to myname@gmail.com.
I think gmail also ignores periods. So myname@gmail.com would end up in the same mailbox as my.name@gmail.com.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”