MRN recovery process

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
lisamcbride

MRN recovery process

Post by lisamcbride »

I became an LDS member back in 2009 when I was baptized in Florence Oregon. I moved to Reno, Nevada but haven't been active in the Church. I recently began researching my genealogy and I want to access the family tree and family search tools online with member privileges but I don't have access to my MRN. I thought I attached it to my LDS Account when I set it up in 2009 but the system keeps asking me for it whenever I request info on these sites. I do not know which ward I'm in here in Nevada. I haven't been to church for sometime. Am I still eligible to access my MRN number from a ward clerk? How do I locate my assigned ward? Can't find my baptism records or anything. Help
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MRN recovery process

Post by russellhltn »

lisamcbride wrote:How do I locate my assigned ward?
maps.lds.org will show you what ward you belong to. Once you make contact and request your records, then they'll have your MRN.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisamcbride

Post by lisamcbride »

Thanks for your help but I was unable to access maps because I don't have my MRN number associated with my LDS account. I was able to get my Ward information through another website and now I just need to call them or stop by. I'm sure they will help me. Thanks again for your post.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lisamcbride wrote:Thanks for your help but I was unable to access maps because I don't have my MRN number associated with my LDS account. I was able to get my Ward information through another website and now I just need to call them or stop by. I'm sure they will help me. Thanks again for your post.
That's good but for anyone else who encounters this thread, you don't have to have an MRN on your LDS account to lookup up the ward for your location. In fact, you don't need an LDS Account at all. Simply go to maps.lds.org (with or without logging in) and enter your address and it will tell you the assigned ward for you location.

Return to “Church Account”