LCR 3.3

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
drepouille

LCR 3.3

Post by drepouille »

LCR 3.3 Release Notes:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... ng=eng#3.3

I am very excited that I was just now able to cancel the record of an unbaptized 18-year-old (with the stake president's approval).

Cool!
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
bballrob

Re: LCR 3.3

Post by bballrob »

drepouille wrote:LCR 3.3 Release Notes:

I am very excited that I was just now able to cancel the record of an unbaptized 18-year-old (with the stake president's approval).

Cool!
Interesting feature. Is there a church policy on doing this that requires the SP Approval? Or can I as the bishop do this, or instruct my clerk to do this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Handbook 1: 13.6.2, last paragraph. Yes, the SP has to give written approval.

That feature has always been there in MLS, it's just finally moved to LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

drepouille wrote:LCR 3.3 Release Notes:

Cool!
Although this option is listed in the Access table, I haven't been able to find the option in LCR. Can anyone one give me the location please?

Although vary slightly off topic, the version listed at the bottom of the new LCR home page is listed as 3.4.0
drepouille

Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) 3.4.0

Post by drepouille »

I was able to cancel the record by bringing up the record in LCR, and choosing Cancel Record from the Actions menu under the individual's name. I then had to confirm that the stake president had authorized the action.

You are correct that the bottom of each LCR page says "Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) 3.4.0"
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bballrob wrote:Is there a church policy on doing this that requires the SP Approval? Or can I as the bishop do this, or instruct my clerk to do this?
Many years ago, a bishop could make this decision. The newer Handbooks, however, have moved this authority to the stake president. Of course, with the stake president's approval, the bishop most likely will instruct the clerk to make the actual change.
jtwitchell

Post by jtwitchell »

I was actually happy to see I could record a death via LCR now (well, once it is back up). I have had to do a couple over the last couple months and today I was able to do it when the Bishop asked.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”