Emailing Parents of Primary-Age Children

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Camilla4

Emailing Parents of Primary-Age Children

Post by Camilla4 »

I just got called as a Primary president. I'm trying to find how to email the parents of all primary-age children in my ward without having to go through my entire ward one by one. Is there a way I can do that on LDS.org? Or is there a way I can create a Google emailing group so I can email with my gmail account?
mevans

Re: Emailing Parents of Primary-Age Children

Post by mevans »

I think this is a vital element missing from the tools and directory features. My wife used to be Primary president and I really wish "email parents of primary children" was an option, but it's not. You can use other non-church tools to accomplish this, but then you're putting some element of church records in a different system, which might violate church policies. You could send an email from a personal account, but some systems may think you're sending spam and block your email if you mail lots of people in a single email.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

If you have a smart phone or tablet, you can download the LDS Tools app and then use the List feature to easily and quickly create a list of Primary parents. You can then send an email to the list. It is very easy to add or delete names from the list as children come into or leave Primary. I use this feature for several things, including a list of the families I home teach.
smootie

Post by smootie »

When adding names to the list I created, I am not allow to search by primary class or even by families with primary age children, I have to manually add each parent. What I really need is a way to generate a list of parent's emails without manually curating emails for all 100+ children in primary. I can get a column with household phone numbers but not household or parents emails.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

smootie wrote:When adding names to the list I created, I am not allow to search by primary class or even by families with primary age children, I have to manually add each parent. What I really need is a way to generate a list of parent's emails without manually curating emails for all 100+ children in primary. I can get a column with household phone numbers but not household or parents emails.
The Send A Message tool lets you open a list of all parents of primary children. You can select "all" or select specific parents individually. Primary presidency has access to the Send A Message tool on LCR. I don't see an option to filter by parents of children in a specific primary class.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”