Moving from GL Release to GL Preview

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
rickowen

Moving from GL Release to GL Preview

Post by rickowen »

I have extensive annotations in Gospel Library. I have searched and haven't found any discussion regarding transferring highlighting and notes from the release version of the app to the new preview version of gospel library.

Will there (or is there) a method for moving highlighting and annotations from the release version to the preview version?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Moving from GL Release to GL Preview

Post by sbradshaw »

No, Gospel Library 4 (currently "preview") uses a new sync service and a new content format, so annotations in the released version of Gospel Library aren't compatible with annotations in Gospel Library 4. Annotations won't sync between the old and new Gospel Library. Additionally, any annotations you create in Gospel Library 4 will be periodically wiped during the beta period (since the databases are undergoing non-backwards-compatible updates).

When Gospel Library 4 is ready for release (or in beta, close to release), a script will convert all of your old annotations to the new format and start saving and syncing as you would expect.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rickowen

Post by rickowen »

Samuel, thanks for your response. One final question: when is the Preview version projected for release as version 4.0 (even just a rough estimate is fine).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Before the end of the year. The deadline has changed a few times because of the content/annotations overhaul combined with extensive other updates of the apps themselves. I'm hoping sooner rather than later, but it won't be any earlier than mid-October.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”