uploading lds music videos in Youtube to my computer

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jerryjdavis

uploading lds music videos in Youtube to my computer

Post by jerryjdavis »

I teach a sunday school class. I want to show my class several of the Slide Shows with music that are found on the church site but they are all in youtube format and the chapel wifi has a system of disabling anything from youtube.

Can I download or upload the youtube video to my hard drive and play it in my class without using the local wifi?

Jerry Davis
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: uploading lds music videos in Youtube to my computer

Post by lajackson »

jerryjdavis wrote:Can I download or upload the youtube video to my hard drive and play it in my class without using the local wifi?
Yes. And that is the recommended way you should do it. The WiFi system at Church was not designed for live video streaming to classes.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jerryjdavis wrote:I teach a sunday school class. I want to show my class several of the Slide Shows with music that are found on the church site but they are all in youtube format and the chapel wifi has a system of disabling anything from youtube.

Can I download or upload the youtube video to my hard drive and play it in my class without using the local wifi?
In general, YouTube provides no means for downloading videos. There are several utility programs available that allow you to capture video from YouTube, but as I understand the YouTube Terms of Service (see paragraph 5B), you are not legally allowed to download videos from YouTube, unless YouTube has provided a download link, which is very rarely the case.

However, it is often the case that videos that the Church has placed on YouTube are available on LDS.org for download, but it is not always easy to find those downloads. If you would provide details about what videos you are interested in (preferably with precise links to the YouTube videos), it may well be that other forum members will be able to help you find a way to download them from LDS.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Here are a few places to start, looking for Church-produced videos that can be downloaded:
https://www.mormonchannel.org/
https://biblevideos.lds.org/
https://medialibrary.lds.org/
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”