The Perfect Video

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
mahubble

The Perfect Video

Post by mahubble »

I'm going to be teaching a lesson in Primary called Signs in America of Jesus Christ's Birth. I found a wonderful video (not the animated one) made by the Church showing Samuel the Lamanite on the wall, then persecution at the time of Christ's birth and the day and night and day when there was light. It's on YouTube, but I can't find it on the Church's website and am afraid of trying to download it from YouTube. If the Church made it, shouldn't it be available somewhere on the website?
This is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK-iJ-uGibE
carsonm

Re: The Perfect Video

Post by carsonm »

It appears to a church movie called "The Testaments of One Fold and One Shepherd" and it is in DVD format and be ordered online from at : https://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores ... fromsearch You may want to check with your building/unit librarian at your meetinghouse library/material center to see if it is available.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: The Perfect Video

Post by sbradshaw »

Several videos are available on LDS.org, including some of the full-length films the Church has produced; however, Testaments is not available to download. The copy on YouTube is there illegally. Your best bet is the DVD. It's likely that your meetinghouse library or a member of your ward has a copy of the DVD, or it could be ordered at Store.LDS.org.

Not everything published by the Church is completely owned by the Church, and sometimes license agreements keep the Church from being able to provide it for download. A well-known example is certain hymns in the hymnbook that can't be made available on LDS.org or in Church apps. Other examples could be stock photos and images/music/video clips produced under contract by third parties. I don't know specifically for Testaments, but I'm guessing it's the music or background scenery that the Church has limited rights to, so isn't able to distribute or stream online.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”