Removing events for a unit that no longer uses our building redux

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jclawsonx

Removing events for a unit that no longer uses our building redux

Post by jclawsonx »

I have recently been called to serve as the stake scheduler. I have discovered that there are repeated events on our calendar which were created by someone from a unit from another stake that no longer shares our building. I have read topics on this subject, including the following post: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=24171. I have verified with local unit support that I have the correct permissions on my LDS account, but I am still unable to delete these events. Some of these repeated events go through the end of 2018, and I need to remove these events so that I can schedule upcoming events for our stake. What else can I do to remove these events myself. If that is not possible, is there any way for the Church IT staff responsible for the calendar to remove these events for us?

Thank you.
drepouille

Re: Removing events for a unit that no longer uses our building redux

Post by drepouille »

As aebrown said, "A person designated as a building scheduler for that location can remove the events. As stake executive secretary, you have the ability to designate someone as a building scheduler (and you can designate yourself if you'd like)."

Building scheduler privileges for locations require assignment by an administrator, probably at the stake level.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jclawsonx

Post by jclawsonx »

Thank you for your reply. I have the required privileges, and can edit any other stake calendar event. I verified with local unit support that my permissions are correct. These events belong to a unit that no longer exists in our stake, and I can not edit them. No one in our stake clerk's office or in any ward in our stake can do so.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

None of the default administrators (the stake presidency) can delete those events unless they make themselves (or one another) a building scheduler for the location in question.

https://www.lds.org/help/support/calend ... -scheduler
Adding or Deleting a Building Scheduler for a Location

As Building Schedulers are called and released, you should always keep the assignments current.
1.Click on the Gear and select Locations and Rooms.
2.In the Locations column on the left, click the Location that the Building Scheduler will be assigned to. Then click Edit.
3.In the Building Schedulers section, click Add Scheduler.
4.Select the Unit the Building Scheduler belongs to, and begin typing the last name. Select the Building Scheduler's name and then click Add to save.
5.Click Save to save the changes.
jclawsonx

Post by jclawsonx »

I followed your instructions, and was able to delete the event. Thank you!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

So, rather than being a "stake scheduler" I am guessing you are actually a Stake Website Administrator? If not, then you must have another calling that makes you a default administrator.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I hope you allow editors (members of stake and ward councils) to create their own events.

"A Building Scheduler is a Calendar Editor for a Building Calendar. Only a Building Scheduler can create events on the Building Calendar. These events are not associated with a Stake or Ward Calendar. (Normally Stake and Ward Calendar Editors should schedule buildings themselves by creating Events on their calendars and assigning them to Locations and Rooms. If members ask Building Schedulers to schedule the building for them, Schedulers should encourage the members to instead contact a Stake or Ward Calendar Editor to Create an Event on a Stake or Ward Calendar). If the Event is only put on a Building Calendar, it will not be associated with a Stake or Ward Calendar but it will reserve the Facility or rooms and equipment."
https://www.lds.org/help/support/calend ... strictions
jclawsonx

Post by jclawsonx »

I am actually the stake scheduler. Each unit in our stake has a scheduler for the unit, and we also have several people in stake auxiliary leadership positions with the ability to create and manage events for their respective auxiliary on the stake calendar. Our issue existed because we had wards from another stake sharing our building, and they did not remove the events they had added to the calendar prior to moving to their own building.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jclawsonx wrote:Our issue existed because we had wards from another stake sharing our building, and they did not remove the events they had added to the calendar prior to moving to their own building.
I hope you let the other stake know what you did, because as it stands now, those event are gone - no longer scheduled at all.

In retrospect, I think a better way of handing it would have been to edit the event to take place in their facility (if possible) or no facility at all. That way, the event would remain but it would have freed up your building.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”