Name Change

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jbomanson

Name Change

Post by jbomanson »

I had a sister that was divorced and had her name changed back to her maiden name. She has brought in the legal documents showing the divorce and the name change. I was able to terminate the marriage but now I can not change her married name back to her maiden name. Each time I try to edit her record I get a message to select the option "verify legal name change". Where do I find the "verify legal name change" area in MLS???

Jay Omanson
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Name Change

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not in front of my test install, but I think that's just a check box on the same screen as the message.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jbomanson wrote:Each time I try to edit her record I get a message to select the option "verify legal name change". Where do I find the "verify legal name change" area in MLS??
After you edit the name and click save it should show a list of possible reasons for the change with a radio button by each one (Finalized Adoption, Spelling Correction, Verified Legal Name Change, etc). Just click on the radio button next to 'Verified Legal Name Change' and then click OK and you're done.
shar4898

Post by shar4898 »

We have a child of record who was removed from her family, placed in forster care, was legally adopted to a unknown nonmember family out of the area that is undisclosed and had a name change. What should be done with the record? Ward Clerk Lee Sharp
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

shar4898 wrote:We have a child of record who was removed from her family, placed in forster care, was legally adopted to a unknown nonmember family out of the area that is undisclosed and had a name change. What should be done with the record? Ward Clerk Lee Sharp
I'd contact Local Unit Support. Most likely the record needs to be cancelled but I wouldn't do that without checking first.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

By "child of record" I assume this is someone who has not been baptized. Either way, contacting CHQ seems like the best course of action.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”