Browser outdated, download new and cant login on new

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bdlarson21

Browser outdated, download new and cant login on new

Post by bdlarson21 »

My tablet has multiple browsers and the only one I can sign in from is the one that came pre-installed. I get the error on familysearch and stores.lds.org that this browser is not compatible. I've downloaded new versions of Chrome and Firefox and every time I try to sign in, I am told my username and/or password is wrong but it sure works from the pre-installed browser that is not current. I have tried clearing the cache and setting the browsers to default settings with no success. Any help would be appreciated.
bdlarson21

Re: Browser outdated, download new and cant login on new

Post by bdlarson21 »

My daughter borrowed my tablet today and was able to sign in to familysearch with the new browser. My account still wont sign in though.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What kind of tablet are you using?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bdlarson21

Post by bdlarson21 »

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
bdlarson21

Post by bdlarson21 »

Its been nearly a month now. Does anyone have any ideas about my issue? Is there a cookie or something that is preventing my login whereas my daughter can log in just fine? Ive tried deleting files from the browser and defaulting it. This just doesn't make sense at all.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just so I understand correctly:
  • You can log in with an old browser - so your account is OK.
  • Your daughter can log in using the new browser - so the new browser is OK.
  • But you can't log in using the new browser.
Are there any unusual characters in your password? Is there anything your daughter is doing differently on your tablet? Perhaps using a different profile on the tablet itself? Has your daughter observed you trying to log in to see if there's any quirk to the new browser that's tripping you up?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

On iOS I've seen browser privacy settings causing problems with logging into some of the online tools. Maybe your privacy/cookie settings are too strict? Are you in a private browsing mode? Is Javascript disabled?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bdlarson21

Post by bdlarson21 »

Update - I uninstalled Chrome and Firefox, installed Dolphin and it works. Think I'll run with it for a while and see what I think. Kind of curious if I reinstall Chrome if it would work.

Return to “Church Account”