Scripture reading on LDS.org

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
JENANNLYNN

Scripture reading on LDS.org

Post by JENANNLYNN »

When I am reading the scriptures on LDS.org, is there a way to access the footnotes, or is there a way to know when a bible passage is in the Joseph Smith Translation? Is there also a way to link scriptures from the bible with scripture passages from the Book of Mormon? I know that all of this is possible on the Gospel Library app, but can I do it on my desktop computer, from LDS.org?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Scripture reading on LDS.org

Post by sbradshaw »

No, linking is not available on LDS.org, and there's no way to see a list of all the footnotes for a chapter.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

I like the auto scroll feature for the footnotes in the Gospel Library apps. I wish the online scripture footnotes had a similar auto scroll and display the footnotes feature. I'd also like a unique format for the JSTs, if that could be selected as an option. Is anyone working on this?
I'm a seminary teacher and frequently display the online scriptures in class, and it isn't GUI easy to see the foot note countents, since a click for each is the only way to see what it is.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

martyriker wrote:I like the auto scroll feature for the footnotes in the Gospel Library apps. I wish the online scripture footnotes had a similar auto scroll and display the footnotes feature. I'd also like a unique format for the JSTs, if that could be selected as an option. Is anyone working on this?
I'm a seminary teacher and frequently display the online scriptures in class, and it isn't GUI easy to see the foot note countents, since a click for each is the only way to see what it is.
If you can project a web browser, why not project the Gospel Library app instead? (I have done this from Android and seen it done with Apple/iOS, so it does work.) Just a thought.
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

Yes, it projects of course, but I can't finger zoom to a section, making the text as large as possible and removing extraneous supporting text from the field of view of the students. From the browser, I can quickly just display the particular quote I'd like the students to focus on, for example.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”