Wrong Email

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
grantpark

Wrong Email

Post by grantpark »

My name is Noelle Park. I am Grant Park's mother. My LDS record number is xxxxxxxx. He is only 12 but we wanted him to be able to do some family history so I created an account for him. He doesn't have his own email because of his age so I used one of my extra email addresses. However, I put in the wrong email address and now I can't access the verification information in order to change the email. [Redacted] I don't know if anyone has the first email or not. Is there a way to reset or delete his account so I can redo it?

Noelle Park
Last edited by russellhltn on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove MRN and emsil
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Wrong Email

Post by russellhltn »

I've removed the MRN and email, as this is a public forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I'm not sure it can be changed without working with your ward clerk, but if you had put in neither an email nor a phone number for verification, you would have been allowed to authenticate as a parent on a later screen. I really wish it was more clear.
reginasipos1

Post by reginasipos1 »

I just encountered the same problem: setting up an account for child, put in a wrong email address, now I can't access that incorrect email account to verify my child's familysearch acct. How do I either 1) change the email I entered in child's profile, or 2) delete the acct I just created and start over?? This is frustrating. There is no way to get into child's acct until I verify, but I cant verify without the code which will be sent to an incorrect email.
gnksmith

Post by gnksmith »

I'm having the same problem but forgot to enter area code for phone number and it won't let me go back and correct the number. So frustrating!!!
megricks

Post by megricks »

We are having the same problem with my daughter trying to set up personal progress online. She typed in my email incorrectly and all we can do is resend to the incorrect email. Is there a fix for this? I guess I need to talk to the clerk?

Return to “Church Account”