Apple TV use for Sunday Lessons

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
samkaai

Apple TV use for Sunday Lessons

Post by samkaai »

Hi,

Our ward recently purchased an Apple TV device to use for Sunday lessons. It has been a huge success as instructors can drive their lessons from their ipad or iphone. We are now in a situation where we have the one device but multiple individuals who would like to use it obviously during the same time (2nd and 3rd hour.) I'm currently working on a check out process right now but are there any others who have tried to implement use of Apple TV? Are there other devices that accomplish the same task? Cheaper or compatible with Android devices? Thanks.
GreyWolf68

Re: Apple TV use for Sunday Lessons

Post by GreyWolf68 »

There are a number of devices that accomplish the same purpose. Chromecast works well for Android devices, or so I've heard. Several, including the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, work with Windows devices. If one has a laptop or tablet with an HDMI connection, then that can be used to connect directly to a TV. My personal preference is a USB flash drive. As long as the TV supports it, that is the best option in my experience.
samkaai

Re: Apple TV use for Sunday Lessons

Post by samkaai »

Thanks for your feedback GreyWolf68. Appreicate the non-ios options.

Return to “General Discussions”