Webcast and Spanish Lang Feed

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
dpenrod75

Webcast and Spanish Lang Feed

Post by dpenrod75 »

We are planning to do as we did last time - we use Wirecast and it worked well and we successfully webcast out to 5 buildings in the stake. The request I got was to send one spanish audio feed out to all the buildings so they don't have translators at each building. In other words, have one translator at the send site.

Does anyone have any solutions / ideas for accomplishing this? Should I just do it via a telephone? Problem I see with that though is the delay with the webcast. It will all have to arrive at the receiving sites at the same time or it will be out of sync.
jamiep39

Re: Webcast and Spanish Lang Feed

Post by jamiep39 »

Could you make use of the left/right audio channels? E.g. Send English on the left channel and Spanish on the right channel? At each receiving building you'd just hook the left channel up to the main sound system and the right channel up to however you'd be distributing the Spanish audio.
dpenrod75

Post by dpenrod75 »

At the receive site all I remember there being is that html 5 player the church provides and the 3.5 headphone jack coming out of the laptop and we hook that into the CRAB and that feeds the building sound. Is it possible to split the audio out of the html 5 webplayer and the 3.5 headphone jack of a laptop? If so, how?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dpenrod75 wrote:Is it possible to split the audio out of the html 5 webplayer and the 3.5 headphone jack of a laptop? If so, how?
If I remember correctly, one of the options to connect to the 3.5 mm jack is with a cable that has a 3.5 mm at one end and two RCA jacks on the other. Use that cable. Connect only one of the RCA jacks depending on the language.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dpenrod75

Post by dpenrod75 »

ok - I'll give that a try. Thanks both for your input - it seems possible..
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

We have done several webcast with Spanish on one audio channel and English on the other audio channel
Received the event on laptop, then used a 3.5 mm splitter
o output one (1) audio channel to a EJ 8 or EJ 10 (crab box) connected to the meetinghouse audio system
o output the other audio channel into a translator transmitter

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”