Random General Authority Talk Button

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
Nic_Rossi-p40

Random General Authority Talk Button

Post by Nic_Rossi-p40 »

I find myself on some occasions wanting to read a completely random talk on the Church website. Thus, I spend numerous hours clicking different links hoping to find something I've never read before. I started to think about how this process would be more efficient. I began to ponder some possibilities, and the one that made the most sense was a button posted on the Gospel Library page that linked to a completely random talk in order to cut the time between the point of hitting the page and the point of actually reading a random talk. It could be coined a "shuffle" version of the Gospel Library, like in iTunes.

Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions about how I could contact Church IT to suggest this?

Nicholas
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Nic_Rossi wrote:I find myself on some occasions wanting to read a completely random talk on the Church website. Thus, I spend numerous hours clicking different links hoping to find something I've never read before. I started to think about how this process would be more efficient. I began to ponder some possibilities, and the one that made the most sense was a button posted on the Gospel Library page that linked to a completely random talk in order to cut the time between the point of hitting the page and the point of actually reading a random talk. It could be coined a "shuffle" version of the Gospel Library, like in iTunes.

Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions about how I could contact Church IT to suggest this?

Nicholas
You just did. ;)

I'll forward your suggestion on to the curriculum department that handles these types of suggestions. If they like the idea then they will ask the IT department to make the change.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Tom
Nic_Rossi-p40

Great!

Post by Nic_Rossi-p40 »

Thanks for your assistance. Maybe this will come to pass!

NR
Nic_Rossi-p40

Follow-up

Post by Nic_Rossi-p40 »

Has anyone heard back from Church IT in regards to "Talk Shuffle"?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I've not heard back. Sorry.

Tom
pecksarah91

Re: Random General Authority Talk Button

Post by pecksarah91 »

I would also like this
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You could download all of the talks to iTunes, and put it on shuffle.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

They have been featuring a "talk of the week" on the home page of lds.org. This may not be as frequent as you would like something new and random to read, but I sometimes click on them and read them and have enjoyed it. I have found that some of the highlighted content on the lds.org page isn't always current--they sometimes feature items from a few years ago, which is also nice.

I wish they had more short, spiritual things I could read, rather than watch. I do like that they have occasional "blog" articles about living the gospel. Sometimes I'm looking for something quick.

You can also look in the Ensign (and I suppose the Liahona) magazines. They often times feature "Gospel Classics" talks that are really good to review. You could also try typing in a topic in the LDS Search bar and see what comes up. I've found some interesting and helpful talks that way.

Yes, it's a little more effort than just clicking on a random talk, but good content is available. I do like the random talk button idea, though.

Return to “Main Church Website”