House phone

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
marktonelli

House phone

Post by marktonelli »

I couldn't figure out where to direct my query, so I thought I'd try here first.

We no longer have a house phone, only cell phones. But as head of household, my cell phone number auto-populates as the default house phone number, even though we don't have a house phone. What then happens is that ward members trying to reach my wife call the "house phone" number and get me, and I have to give them my wife's cell phone number. This has happened repeatedly for years.

Is there a way to delete the house phone number field and only show our individual cell phone numbers?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: House phone

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure if you can delete the household phone, but is your wife's phone filled in and privacy rights set so ward members can see it? I believe a number of reports will substitute the Household Number if the Individual Number is not available.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Re: House phone

Post by mevans »

Is your cell phone auto-populating as the house phone, or is the same number entered in two different fields? I didn't know that the head of house phone number would auto-populate the house phone if it doesn't exist. You can ask your ward clerk to check to see if the house phone field is populated and remove your cell number from it. Actually, you should be able to edit your phone numbers, too.

Also follow russellhltn's recommendation about checking your wife's phone number. If she wants it included in the directory, make sure it's there and the privacy settings are correct. If you don't know how to do the privacy settings, come back here and someone can help you though it.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”