Callings - LDS Tools vs Directory on LDS.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kreeve

Callings - LDS Tools vs Directory on LDS.org

Post by kreeve »

LDS Tools and Directory not in sync with displaying callings.

LDS Tools (ios App) vs Directory (LDS.org) - Calling information

On Directory, under households/individuals, --- The text for long calling names are cut off, and if a person has multiple callings, it seems to show only one calling. For example, A High Counselor also serving as Stake Single Adult advisors shows only the Stake Single Adult Advisors calling, ... and most of calling name is cut off anyway because of the length.

On LDS Tools, all his callings show.

On another person who is serving as a full time missionary , Directory shows his calling as the Mission Executive Secretary which is his current assignment/calling there, , however LDS Tools shows no calling etc. LDS Tools was sync'd to make sure it was not old data.

Directory needs to show all callings of an individual, and not cut off names. ?

Kevin
eblood66

Re: Callings - LDS Tools vs Directory on LDS.org

Post by eblood66 »

I would assume this is by design since it uses ellipsis (...) when the name is cut off to indicate there is more information. If you hover your mouse over the calling it will show a tooltip with complete information.

Showing mission assignments is a bit strange though. That might be a bug. Or it might be a new feature added to the directory but which hasn't been added to LDS Tools yet.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The LDS.org Directory isn't updated as frequently as the LDS Tools app, so features are sometimes out of sync.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:The LDS.org Directory isn't updated as frequently as the LDS Tools app, so features are sometimes out of sync.
Well, except the directory was updated this past week, and LDS Tools can only be as current as the API that supplies them. So, as for today, I'd day the Directory is in the lead. :)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

eblood66 wrote:I would assume this is by design since it uses ellipsis (...) when the name is cut off to indicate there is more information. If you hover your mouse over the calling it will show a tooltip with complete information.

Showing mission assignments is a bit strange though. That might be a bug. Or it might be a new feature added to the directory but which hasn't been added to LDS Tools yet.
Thanks for the tip on the tooltip. I didn't realize it did that and wished it showed everything. Now I know how to see that information.

Regarding mission assignments, I just checked some things and I do see mission assignments when I hover over the callings:
  • One brother in our stake is in the mission presidency in our local mission. His calling shows.
  • One brother in our ward is a mission president. His calling shows.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”