LDS Hymns

wrigjef

LDS Hymns

Post by wrigjef »

I understand some copywrite issues exist, or existed when LDS tools was developed and some songs just display text. Just curious if anyone is working on making these available. We can only do we we can do but is someone trying?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Hymns

Post by sbradshaw »

*Gospel Library (or LDS Music).
LDS Tools has ward and stake information and doesn't have any hymn content. :)

Yes, just a few months ago, in fact, the Church got permission for 5 more hymns (All Creatures of Our God and King, If You Could Hie to Kolob, I Saw a Mighty Angel Fly, For All the Saints, and Be Still My Soul). They are already out in LDS Music Android and will be coming to LDS Music iOS, Gospel Library iOS, and Gospel Library Android with the next app update for each. (I think Gospel Library Windows, too.)

Some hymns we have been specifically told no for publishing digitally (at least one that I know of), and other hymns require a per-use fee (which the apps and LDS.org don't have any model to support). But the Church follows up again requesting permissions from time to time.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Thanks. Good to know that it's being followed up on
weldon

Post by weldon »

I’m resurrecting this old thread to ask @sbradshaw why “All Creatures of Our God and King” appears in the Hymn app but not on Lds.org. Anyone know a source for rights information? Can we print the lyrics in a program? Display them on the screen during Stake Conference?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The music website hasn't been updated for some time. I assume it will be revamped in the next year or two, in preparation for the new hymnal. You should be able to link to, display, or print the PDF from LDS.org:
https://media.ldscdn.org/pdf/music/hymn ... ng-eng.pdf
But making copies, or pulling the lyrics out of the sheet music to distribute, would probably not be allowed.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Mobile Applications”