how to send reminders

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gabrielpoulson

how to send reminders

Post by gabrielpoulson »

So, I've figured out how to sync the calendar into my gmail account. However, I want to sync the calendar so that it sends automatic reminders of all ward/stake events. Under calendar settings, I do have the check box "Allow for email event reminders", but this function does not seem to work. Does anyone know how to make this work?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: how to send reminders

Post by russellhltn »

I've spit the topic as now you've moved on to a new question.

The send reminders frequently has issues and doesn't always work. Even when it does work, it requires that users allow the calendar to contact them, that they have subscribed to the calendar and have that calendar set to notify them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: how to sync ward calendar into google calendar

Post by aebrown »

gabrielpoulson wrote:Under calendar settings, I do have the check box "Allow for email event reminders", but this function does not seem to work. Does anyone know how to make this work?
Although checking that box is required if you want to receive event reminders, there are other requirements as well; two in your control, and a couple of others that are not in your control. In your control:
  • You have to be subscribed to the calendar that contains the events; that's fairly obvious and you probably also verified that.
  • You also have to have that calendar configured to send notifications (that is done by clicking the >> at the top right of the calendar list). The default is to send notifications, so that's probably already set, but it's worth checking.
But the event creator also has to choose to send reminders. He or she can send a reminder at the time the event is created, or can set up the event to send reminders at a specified time before the event occurs. The event creator can choose not to send any reminders, in which case you won't get any reminders regardless of your other settings. And even if the event creator chooses to send reminders, they get to choose when they are sent. So the fact that you haven't yet received any reminders doesn't tell you anything about whether or not everything is correctly configured on your end.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: how to send reminders

Post by sbradshaw »

If you just want to be emailed personally about events (as opposed to sending notifications to others about events), there are settings for Google Calendar that you can enable:
https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37242
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”